Thursday, October 15, 2009

Football

Actual text message from yesterday, "I think our football aspirations for this season are going to come to fruition in basketball. All our injured star players should be back."

My Response: Fuck that. Carpe Diem. I am planning no future happiness on any Ole Miss team. I will cheer for them on game day. The end :)"

What a freaking disappointment. I am hurt by this season. Ironically, we still have a winning record and that is no small feat considering our record under Coach O the last year. There was more promise and excitement in being a Rebel before this season began. It honestly breaks my heart to watch us now. The defense is playing so hard. I want the win for the win. I want it for the team and dammit I really want it for the D. I made the mistake of watching Ole Miss football with Houston Nutt today. I felt even worse for the defense. We held Alabama to 5 field goals in the red zone. 78 damn plays and they got 22 points.

God grant me an offensive line
to accept those shitty losses
courage to realize we can still go to a bowl
and wisdom to know LSU will always smell like corndogs.

My very own football serenity prayer.

Anway I am still depressed about this. I will be roadtripping to watch them play Arkansas. Houston, we better not have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment